Film location applying for a permit

Do you want to place any objects or close off a street (partly) when making a film? Apply for a film location permit.

Go to Film Commission Utrecht for help and advice. This is the service point of the municipality of Utrecht for producers and location scouts.

Applying for a permit

These documents are to be added to the application:

  • a plan of the location with all objects and street closures indicated
  • the shooting script
  • the safety plan
  • the communication plan

Apply for a film location permit

Apply for the permit at least 3 weeks before you need it.

Costs 2024

  • €   84,30 handling costs application without street closure
  • € 461,40 handling costs application with street closure

What else do you need?

  • Do you want to set off any fireworks? Apply for a Firework Ignition Permit (vergunning ontbranden vuurwerk) with the province of Utrecht.
  • For using drones you must comply with the regulations for the use of drones of the national government.
  • For the use of fake (fire) arms, you must request permission from the Police Chief Tasks (Korpscheftaken) Department (Police Unit Utrecht). You are to send us a copy of this permission as soon as possible.


Algemene Plaatselijke verordening (APV) (general municipal by-law)

Contact Film Commission


Phone (including evenings/weekends)

Marlou Heijnen
+31 (0)6 - 41 86 20 58
+31 (0)6 - 55 17 68 83

Street address

Stadsplateau 1
3521 AZ Utrecht

Opening hours

Monday – Friday
9.00 to 17.00

Postal address

PO Box 16200
3500 CE  Utrecht