Film location applying for a permit
Do you want to place any objects or close off a street (partly) when making a film? Apply for a film location permit.
Go to Film Commission Utrecht for help and advice. This is the service point of the municipality of Utrecht for producers and location scouts.
Applying for a permit
These documents are to be added to the application:
- a plan of the location with all objects and street closures indicated
- the shooting script
- the safety plan
- the communication plan
Apply for the permit at least 3 weeks before you need it.
- € 79,20 handling costs application without street closure
- € 433,25 handling costs application with street closure
What else do you need?
- Do you want to set off any fireworks? Apply for a Firework Ignition Permit (vergunning ontbranden vuurwerk) with the province of Utrecht.
- For using drones you must comply with the regulations for the use of drones of the national government.
- For the use of fake (fire) arms, you must request permission from the Police Chief Tasks (Korpscheftaken) Department (Police Unit Utrecht). You are to send us a copy of this permission as soon as possible.
Contact Film Commission
Phone (including evenings/weekends)
+31 (0)6 - 41 86 20 58
+31 (0)6 - 55 17 68 83
3521 AZ Utrecht
Monday – Friday
9.00 to 17.00
PO Box 16200
3500 CE Utrecht