City of Utrecht Emigration and deregistration


When do we speak of emigration?

  • When you reside more than 8 months abroad in 1 year. Please note, that this period does not need to be uninterrupted.
  • When you return to your homeland again.

Report your emigration

You can report your emigration online via the digital desk (Geef emigratie door in Dutch) by using your DigiD.

No DigiD?

If you do not have a DigiD, there are 2 options to report your emigration:

  1. At the desk of gemeente Utrecht. Make an appointment for your deregistration, choose the product ‘emigration’. 
  2. You can report your emigration by post. Please use the form 'Emigration' (pdf). Print the form, fill it out and send it to the address mentioned on the form.