City of Utrecht Disabled parking permit
When you have a European disability parking card, you can request a free disabled parking permit for people with a disability from the municipality of Utrecht. Even if you don't live there. The disabled parking permit allows you to park for free in paid parking areas in the municipality of Utrecht.
If you have a driver card (B), the parking permit will have a fixed number plate. If you have a passenger card (P) or combi card (B/P), you can opt for a parking permit with a fixed number plate or a parking permit with varying number plates.
Terms and conditions
- You must have a valid disability parking card. If your card was not issued by the municipality of Utrecht, you must send a photo/scan of the front and back of your disability card.
- Parking permit on fixed number plate with driver card (B), passenger card (P) or combi card (B/P):
The registration certificate of the car must be in your name or the name of a housemate registered at your address. If the number plate is registered in the name of a leasing company or company name, you must enclose a statement (no older than 6 months) from the holder of the registration certificate part 1B (the company or the leasing company), stating that you are the driver of the vehicle with the number plate to be registered.
- You can only choose a parking permit for varying number plates if you have a passenger card (P) or combi card (B/P).
Important in advance:
- If your card was not issued by the municipality of Utrecht, you must send a digital photo/scan of the front and back of your disability card.
- Check under 'Terms and conditions' whether you also need to send a declaration.
You will receive a response as soon as possible
The permit is free.
- Visitor parking permit: valid for 2 year, unless the card expires sooner. You can apply for a new disabled parking permit when it expires.
- Resident parking permit: valid for as long as the disabled parking card.
- Parking permit with varying number plates: remains active for up to 5 days and can be changed online every time you want to use it.
- Parking permit with fixed number plate: the number plate can be changed 5 times a year for up to 5 days at a time. See 'Terms and conditions' for what to do if you have a new car.
- With this parking permit, you may only park in metered parking spaces.
- This parking permit is not valid in parking garages.
If you have questions or an unusual situation, please call 14 030, or ask your question via www.utrecht.nl/parkeervraag.
Changing a fixed number plate
If you have a new car or are temporarily using another car, change the number plate on www.utrecht.nl/kentekenwijziging.
Changing a varying number plate
You can change the number plate indefinitely for up to 5 days at a time. Go to www.utrecht.nl/kentekenwijziging and choose ‘Tijdelijk kenteken opgeven’.